TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced up to $511 million in low-interest loans the state’s Environmental Facilities Corp. to help fund various projects associated with the construction of the new Tappan Zee Bridge, according to the Times Herald-Record.
The loans will be used to fund the mandatory protection of the Hudson River's water quality and marine life. Most of the EFC loans will be interest free and shouldn't hinder the corporation's ability to fund other environmental projects, the Times Herald-Record reported.
- 1 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Visit To Westchester
- 5 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital