WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- State Sen. Greg Ball fired the aide who plagiarized text from a Huffington Post article to include in a legislative bill memo, according to nystateofpolitics.com.
The bill in question is one sponsored by Ball that would outlaw the possession and harboring of killer whales in aquariums throughout New York State, according to the Albany Times Union.
The lifted text came from a high school student in Chicago as well as an L.A. Times interview with "Blackfish" director Gabriela Cowperthwaite, nystateofpolitics.com reported.
Ball represents District 40, which includes three towns in Putnam County as well as Cortlandt, Peekskill, Mount Kisco, New Castle, Lewisboro, Pound Ridge, North Salem, Somers and Yorktown.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Chappaqua
- 4 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 5 Funeral Set For Kristopher Stephenson Following New Castle Car Crash