NEW CASTLE, N.Y. – The state of emergency period in New Castle has once again been extended for 72 hours by Supervisor Susan Carpenter and will now remain in effect until noon Sunday. The emergency period was first declared on Oct. 29.
During the emergency period, residents cannot park or leave a motor vehicle unattended on any street or highway. Any vehicle left in the road can be towed at the owner's expense, under the direction of the Police Chief or Superintendent of Highways.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Castle Creates Arts And Culture Committee, Saves Theater
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Chappaqua
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Is Reported Off Long Island