NEW CASTLE, N.Y. -- A public scoping session for Rosehill, the proposed redevelopment of the Legionaries of Christ property, has been scheduled for May 27 at 7:45 p.m. at town hall, the Town of New Castle announced.
The scoping session for the project, which calls for the creation of 60 condos and rezoning of the property to allow for multifamily housing, is being done as part of the proposal's environmental review. The law that covers the process is called the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA).
As part of SEQRA, a scoping document will be formed. It will then be followed by the creation of a draft environmental impact statement (DEIS), which in turn will be subject to a public hearing. A final environmental impact statement (FEIS) will then be produced, and following review, there will be the creation of and vote on a findings statement.
The New Castle Town Board is serving as lead agency for the environmental review, and will oversee the process.
- 1 Serious Accident Results In Route 172 Closure Near Fox Lane HS
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 3 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 4 15-Year-Old Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School In Yorktown
- 5 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts