CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Chappaqua last week:
- Several schools throughout Westchester County including Seven Bridges Middle School and Robert Bell schools were named "Reward Schools" by the New York State Education Department.
- A 16-year-old Mohegan Lake girl jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge and survived the fall, according to LoHud.com.
- The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has reached the state Legislatire with state Sen. George Latimer taking the challenge, and challenging state Assemblyman David Buchwald and Assemblywoman Shelley Mayer, as well as his daughter.
- A man staying in the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook for a wedding accidentally shot a man in the next room who was attending another wedding Saturday afternoon, Rye Brook Police Chief Gregory Austin said.
- Westchester County residents who have Cablevision as their provider are paying the highest monthly bill in the country on average, according to the International Business Times.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 4 Downed Trees, Accidents Cause Road Closures, Delays, Power Outages
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash