CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – New Castle Police responded to a two-car accident Christmas night at the intersection of Route117 and Roaring Brook Road. Officers on the scene discovered a 1990 Ford Ranger pickup truck, which had been traveling south on Bedford Road, went off the road and collided with a utility pole and a 2010 BMW, police said.
While the officers investigated the scene, the driver of the pickup truck, identified as Javier Garcia Lucena of Pleasantville, showed signs of being intoxicated, police said. He was arrested and agreed to have his blood alcohol content checked, police said.
Lucena’s test results revealed him to have a .21 percent blood alcohol content. The legal limit in New York state is .08 percent. He was charged with an aggravated DWI because his BAC was above .18, police said. He was released on an appearance ticket to appear on Jan. 24 in the Town of New Castle Justice Court.
Lucena was treated for an injury to his arm at Northern Westchester Hospital.
- 1 Chappaqua Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Chappaqua's Dirks, Train Crash Victim, Remembered As Brilliant, Humble
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Chappaqua