CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – New Castle Police responded to a two-car accident Christmas night at the intersection of Route117 and Roaring Brook Road. Officers on the scene discovered a 1990 Ford Ranger pickup truck, which had been traveling south on Bedford Road, went off the road and collided with a utility pole and a 2010 BMW, police said.
While the officers investigated the scene, the driver of the pickup truck, identified as Javier Garcia Lucena of Pleasantville, showed signs of being intoxicated, police said. He was arrested and agreed to have his blood alcohol content checked, police said.
Lucena’s test results revealed him to have a .21 percent blood alcohol content. The legal limit in New York state is .08 percent. He was charged with an aggravated DWI because his BAC was above .18, police said. He was released on an appearance ticket to appear on Jan. 24 in the Town of New Castle Justice Court.
Lucena was treated for an injury to his arm at Northern Westchester Hospital.
- 1 New Castle Having Annual Memorial Day Parade
- 2 Bill, Hillary Clinton March In Chappaqua For Memorial Day Parade
- 3 Curtis Instruments, Saw Mill Club Co-Founder Curt Beusman Dies
- 4 Sandra Lee Returns Home After Double To New Castle After Double Mastectomy
- 5 Downed Trees Lead To Blockages On Bronx River Parkway, Route 120