WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – MoneyRates.com released its list of best and worst states to make a living and New York didn’t fare so well, ranking in the top five worst.
The top five worst are Connecticut, Rhode Island, Mississippi, New York and Hawaii. Hawaii ranked 50th. New York was ranked next worst at No. 49.
Washington came in at No. 1 as best state to make a living.
MoneyRates based its list on factors such as average salary, according to figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), cost of living, based on data from C2ER, employment rate based on BLS data and workplace conditions based on the "Work Environment" component of the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index.
Review the full list here.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange