WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – MoneyRates.com released its list of best and worst states to make a living and New York didn’t fare so well, ranking in the top five worst.
The top five worst are Connecticut, Rhode Island, Mississippi, New York and Hawaii. Hawaii ranked 50th. New York was ranked next worst at No. 49.
Washington came in at No. 1 as best state to make a living.
MoneyRates based its list on factors such as average salary, according to figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), cost of living, based on data from C2ER, employment rate based on BLS data and workplace conditions based on the "Work Environment" component of the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index.
Review the full list here.
- 1 Chappaqua Couple Part of National Campaign To Share Breast Cancer Stories
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 3 Chappaqua Crossing Attorney: Vote Or We'll Return To Court
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Chappaqua's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend