Update 10:10 p.m.: An accident has occurred on route 117 near Evergreen Lane. It is expected to be cleared by 11 p.m.
CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – The Town of New Castle has issued the following statement:
“Roads are slippery and dangerous. Avoid unnecessary travel. If you must drive use extreme caution.
“There are extra police patrols on duty to assist with any problems. New Castle Highway Department is working to keep roads as clear as possible as remaining motorists make their way home.
“Roads will likely become impassable as the snow intensity increases. Please be sure to park vehicles off the roadway so crews can clear snow. when the storm ends.”
The town declared a state of emergency from noon Friday through noon Sunday.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Dick Crabtree Of Chappaqua, Owner Of The Kittle House, Dies At 84
- 3 Overturned Vehicle Closes Stretch Of Saw Mill River Parkway
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 New York Archdiocese Is Likely To Merge More Parishes