NEW CASTLE, N.Y. -- Many New Castle residents were scratching their heads this weekend after receiving a storm update robo-call from Joan Maybury, town supervisor of neighboring Mount Pleasant.
New Castle sent out text messages and emails, but no telephone calls. The call was accidentally sent out through Mount Pleasant's new alert system, which New Castle Town Administrator Penny Paderewski believes exceeded its call area.
"I spoke with Supervisor Joan Maybury’s office and they apologized for any inconvenience this caused," Paderewski said. "As one New Castle resident I spoke to told me 'I would rather get more information than less.' I personally think that is a good way to look at it."
- 1 New Castle Having Annual Memorial Day Parade
- 2 Bill, Hillary Clinton March In Chappaqua For Memorial Day Parade
- 3 Sandra Lee Returns Home After Double To New Castle After Double Mastectomy
- 4 Downed Trees Lead To Blockages On Bronx River Parkway, Route 120
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says