NEW CASTLE, N.Y. -- Many New Castle residents were scratching their heads this weekend after receiving a storm update robo-call from Joan Maybury, town supervisor of neighboring Mount Pleasant.
New Castle sent out text messages and emails, but no telephone calls. The call was accidentally sent out through Mount Pleasant's new alert system, which New Castle Town Administrator Penny Paderewski believes exceeded its call area.
"I spoke with Supervisor Joan Maybury’s office and they apologized for any inconvenience this caused," Paderewski said. "As one New Castle resident I spoke to told me 'I would rather get more information than less.' I personally think that is a good way to look at it."
- 1 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 2 Saw Mill Parkway Exit Reopens After Closure Due To Broken Railroad Arm
- 3 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents