CHAPPAQUA, NY-- In the wake of recent burglaries, the New Castle Police Department is urging the citizens of Chappaqua to remain vigilant.
On Wednesday, a home in Chappaqua was burglarized between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. According to police, the burglar entered the home through a window.
The family was home during the burglary, but did not hear or see anything out of the ordinary. The burglar took jewelery from one of the bedrooms before leaving.
The New Castle police are working with surrounding town police departments to see if this burglary has any connection to other incidents that have occurred in the area recently, as there are several key similarities.
Police are urging citizens to set their alarms and lock all doors and windows even while they are home. It's also suggested that citizens leave some lights on all night.
It's also important to follow the preventative measures below to keep you, your family, and home safe...
- If you have sliding doors, use a secondary blocking device.
- Disply highly visible alarm decals, beware of dog decals or block watch decal
- Secure all accessible windows with secondary blocking devices
- Use anti-lift devices to prevent window from being lifted out
- Keep doors and windows locked when you're not using them.
- Photograph and write down serial numbers for all valuables.
If you notice anything suspicious, do not hesitate to call your local police.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.