CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- The New Castle Historical Society will hold its 10th Annual Antiques Lecture and Appraisal Series on the following Tuesdays: Jan. 7, 14, and 21 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Chappaqua Library .
This program begins with an informal lecture by an antiques specialist which lasts approximately 45 minutes, followed by questions and answers for a few minutes. Audience members are then offered an opportunity to have two items verbally appraised.
This year's schedule:
Tuesday, Jan. 7: Model Trains: Tony Roy, of Westchester Central Trains & Hobbies, is an expert on model railroads.
Tuesday, Jan. 14: “Do You Know What You Have?” James Levinson, noted jeweler of James Levinson Inc., returns let you know if that treasured pin grandma told you was so special really is or if that tea set is really sterling silver.
Tuesday, Jan. 21: Antique Clocks - Fred Catapano, of Westchester County Antique Clocks, will tell you all about antique clocks.
Each session will be held at the Chappaqua Library, 195 S. Greeley Ave., Chappaqua.
Please view the Society’s website for more information: www.newcastlehs.org.
- 1 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 2 Saw Mill Parkway Exit Reopens After Closure Due To Broken Railroad Arm
- 3 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash In TV Interview
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents