BUCHANAN, N.Y. – An Indian Point reactor shut down automatically at 10:41 p.m. Monday because of an electrical grid disturbance during Hurricane Sandy, Entergy announced Tuesday morning.
Indian Point 3 remains offline. Indian Point 2 remains at full power.
“Nuclear plants are built to exceed the most severe natural forces historically reported for their geographic area,” John Herron, president and CEO of Entergy Nuclear, said in a statement. “And we saw evidence of that again with Hurricane Sandy.”
Although reactor 3 shut off, Entergy officials say the Indian Point plant safely weathered Hurricane Sandy.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Chappaqua Crossing Approvals Bring Mitigation Offers
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Chappaqua
- 4 Hundreds Celebrate The Life Of Chappaqua Legend Richard Crabtree
- 5 Former Greeley Star Matt Townsend Hits Game-Winner For Yale Basketball