BUCHANAN, N.Y. – An Indian Point reactor shut down automatically at 10:41 p.m. Monday because of an electrical grid disturbance during Hurricane Sandy, Entergy announced Tuesday morning.
Indian Point 3 remains offline. Indian Point 2 remains at full power.
“Nuclear plants are built to exceed the most severe natural forces historically reported for their geographic area,” John Herron, president and CEO of Entergy Nuclear, said in a statement. “And we saw evidence of that again with Hurricane Sandy.”
Although reactor 3 shut off, Entergy officials say the Indian Point plant safely weathered Hurricane Sandy.
- 1 County Revisits Chappaqua Station Funding
- 2 New Castle Attorney Disputes Chappaqua Crossing Lawyer’s Claims
- 3 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 4 Millwood FD Assists In Battling Two-Alarm Blaze In Somers
- 5 Mount Kisco Resident Charged With $1.4M Bank Theft