IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- Former Irvington resident Joan Lunden announced she was diagnosed with breast cancer on her website on Tuesday.
The former ABC-TV "Good Morning America" host said she decided to share the news publicly because she had spent her life "sharing my joys and my disappointments with all of you: my pregnancies, my relationships, my career. … I have shared my journey. So it certainly didn’t feel right keeping this part of my journey a secret."
Lunden, who now lives in Greenwich, Conn., also said she has already begun chemotherapy and hopes to inspire others to be more aware of their health.
- 1 Starbucks, Chase Named As Proposed Tenants For Chappaqua Crossing
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Downed Trees, Accidents Cause Road Closures, Delays, Power Outages