This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Flash Flood Watch issued by the National Weather Service for Westchester County is in effect through 6 a.m. Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service.
Multiple rounds of showers and thunderstorms will continue ahead of a cold front. The collision of this cold front with the warm, humid air in place will create an environment for torrential downpours and severe thunderstorms.
Impacts from this round of rain are expected to be localized flooding in urban and low-lying areas as well as areas with poor drainage. Small streams and rivers may also reach flood levels.
Residents are advised to keep an eye on conditions and be prepared to take action if any flooding should occur.
For a look at the forecast, click here.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange