CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Chappaqua this week:
- Chappaqua's Hillary Rodham Clinton remains silent on a possible presidential run in 2016 despite being the clear Democratic favorite, but if she does run, her husband will be a factor in the race, for better or worse, according to Buffalo News Columnist Douglas Turner.
- Westchester County Executive, Thornwood native and Mount Pleasant resident Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor.
- Forbes Magazine has rated the New York City-Westchester-Hackensack, N.J., area as the nation's most overpriced area to live in, tied with Honolulu.
- Familiar names like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett topped Forbes Magazine's recent list of the richest people in the planet for 2014, but several names connected to Westchester County made the list as well.
- Pound Ridge resident Richard Gere and Carey Lowell have given up operational control of the restaurants at Bedford Post Inn following their reported split, according to LoHud.com.
- A Katonah hardware store reported to police that an employee stole about $50,000 in cash during a four-month period, Bedford police said.
- 1 Starbucks, Chase Named As Proposed Tenants For Chappaqua Crossing
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 4 New Castle Creates Arts And Culture Committee, Saves Theater
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Chappaqua