NEW CASTLE, N.Y. – Dozens of Con Edison crews arrived Wednesday in New Castle and continued restoration work throughout the town Thursday, New Castle police said.
For Thursday, Con Ed is focusing on: Seven Bridges Road, Deepwood Drive, Brevoort Road, Paulding Road, Bedford Road, Algonquin Drive, West Way, Pinesbridge Road, Hoags Cross Road, Bryam Lake Road, Harriman Road, Whippoorwill Road, and Carolyn Place.
According to County Legislator Michael Kaplowitz, 127 Con Ed personnel are working in 31 crews and 61 bucket trucks throughout the town.
“If you see one of them, thank them,” Kaplowitz said. “Certainly there’s a good number of personnel on the ground.”
Despite the current progress, Kaplowitz says he was disappointed with how long it took the crews to get to the town. As of 1 p.m. Thursday, a week and a half after Sandy hit town, 2,756 of 6,574 customers are still without power.
“This is 10 days without power in our civilization with everything dependent upon it,” Kaplowitz said. “and I think people have been most patient. In some cases maybe too patient, but that’s up for debate.”
Kaplowitz said Con Ed is sticking with its total restoration time of midnight Sunday for New Castle.
- 1 Town Board OK's Chappaqua Crossing Retail Zone
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Dick Crabtree Of Chappaqua, Owner Of The Kittle House, Dies At 84
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Chappaqua
- 5 Town Board Puts Off Votes On Some Chappaqua Crossing Items