CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Chappaqua this week:
- The building that housed Whispering Pines flower shop and was severely damaged by a fire last month has been torn down.
- Karl Rove told a conference that he believes Chappaqua's Hilary Clinton may have brain damage, according to a New York Post report.
- State Sen. Greg Ball announced Friday that he will not run for re-election .
- While President Barack Obama's visit to Tarrytown on Wednesday for a speech near the Tappan Zee Bridge has served as a major news story, the local presence of one of his predecessors remains a point of interest near by in Chappaqua.
- Lenroy Stevens, a 27-year-old Peekskill High School guidance counselor, was killed Tuesday after being struck by a truck on Route 9A in Briarcliff.
- The death of Gary McKeon, a Somers man who first went missing last Friday, was announced Thursday evening by his daughter.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.