CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Chappaqua last week:
- Joan Rivers, a colorful and at times controversial comedian and former Westchester resident, died Thursday afternoon, according to multiple reports.
- A 15-year-old Pleasantville girl who drove a 2001 Chevrolet Suburban that overturned and killed three boys in Lake Ariel in Bucks County, Pa., is facing criminal charges, according to LoHud.com.
- The dangerous dog that escaped from the SPCA of Westchester in Briarcliff was located by a police patrol unit Wednesday and returned to the SPCA, Westchester Police said.
- A demonstration and candlelight vigil has been planned by the Jim Owles Democratic Club, near the New Castle home of Gov. Andrew Cuomo. The group said it is protesting its claim that Cuomo has not granted clemency to anyone in the New York State Prison System during his tenure.
- The southbound Saw Mill River Parkway was reopened after being closed for nearly an hour as a result of a vehicle fire.