WESTCHESTER, N.Y. — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced that, due to the accelerating severity of Winter Storm Nemo and the expected heavy snowfall accumulations, Metro-North Railroad will suspend all service, effective 10 p.m. Friday.
The move, said Cuomo, is to reduce the likelihood of stranded trains and to begin snow-clearing operations. The suspension of service will continue until further notice.
In addition, Grand Central Terminal will close after the last trains arrive at about midnight.
Customers are advised to limit travel or stay home if possible.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway In Mount Kisco
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 4 New Castle Cracking Down On Distracted Driving
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud