WESTCHESTER, N.Y. — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced that, due to the accelerating severity of Winter Storm Nemo and the expected heavy snowfall accumulations, Metro-North Railroad will suspend all service, effective 10 p.m. Friday.
The move, said Cuomo, is to reduce the likelihood of stranded trains and to begin snow-clearing operations. The suspension of service will continue until further notice.
In addition, Grand Central Terminal will close after the last trains arrive at about midnight.
Customers are advised to limit travel or stay home if possible.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Town Board Approves Chappaqua Train Station Lease With Chases' Company
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Chappaqua
- 5 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College