This story has been updated.
CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Chappaqua's ongoing debate over developing affordable housing in the village continues to garner media attention with WCBS-TV New York becoming the latest outlet to report on the issue.
The New Castle Town Board approved a special permit for the site in September, but the project stalled in December when the county Board of Legislators voted against funding it. The nine of 17 legislators who voted no cited the same safety concerns brought up throughout Conifer Realty's application process starting in 2010.
Read more about the controversial affordable housing development here.
The New York Times picked up the story Monday.
Read the full CBS New York article here.
- 1 Chappaqua Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 State Board Approves Variances For Chappaqua Station
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Chappaqua
- 4 Saw Mill Parkway Wrong-Way Driver Charged With DWI ID'd
- 5 Netscape Co-Founder ID'd As Buyer Of Ron Howard Estate On Armonk Border