This story has been updated.
CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Chappaqua's ongoing debate over developing affordable housing in the village continues to garner media attention with WCBS-TV New York becoming the latest outlet to report on the issue.
The New Castle Town Board approved a special permit for the site in September, but the project stalled in December when the county Board of Legislators voted against funding it. The nine of 17 legislators who voted no cited the same safety concerns brought up throughout Conifer Realty's application process starting in 2010.
Read more about the controversial affordable housing development here.
The New York Times picked up the story Monday.
Read the full CBS New York article here.
- 1 Curtis Instruments, Saw Mill Club Co-Founder Curt Beusman Dies
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens