CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Temple Beth El of Northern Westchester announced the hiring of Rabbi Jonathan Jaffe as its new Senior Rabbi on Sunday, Feb. 9.
Jaffe served Congregation Emanu-El in San Francisco as an associate rabbi since 2006. He took on the oversight of the synagogue’s educational programming, from preschool through adult education in 2010.
“With his intellect, spirituality, and warm, engaging personality, Rabbi Jaffe energized the (search) committee and the board in a way we only imagined possible," Temple Beth El president Lisa Davis said in a statement. "We are confident that he is the right person to lead Temple Beth El into a bright, exciting future.”
Jaffe was born in Hawaii and received his BA in philosophy from Duke University and studied at The Hebrew University in Jerusalem. He will begin his new role with Temple Beth El on July 1.
- 1 Chappaqua Couple Part of National Campaign To Share Breast Cancer Stories
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 3 Chappaqua Crossing Attorney: Vote Or We'll Return To Court
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Chappaqua's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend