CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Several merchants in Chappaqua are coordinating humanitarian aid efforts for victims of Hurricane Sandy. Here's a list from the Chappaqua-Millwood Chamber of Commerce:
- Chappaqua Wellness Center is collecting and distributing supplies to those in need in Staten Island, Brooklyn and Queens. They request water but no food, and bath towels. Collection ends Thursday morning.
- Le Jardin Du Roi is collecting non-perishable food for Staten Island, Brooklyn and Queens through Thursday evening.
- Aurora is a collection point for gift cards being gathered by local mom Lori Morton for areas around Barnegat, N.J., where she grew up.
- King's Scribe is collecting money and supplies for Pets Alive Westchester in Elmsford, which is caring for animals from badly-hit areas.
- The Millwood Volunteer Fire Department has teamed up with NYPD and FDNY for a drive that continues until 2 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 7. They're collecting non-perishable food, clothes and toiletries for FDNY and NYPD family members in Queens and Staten Island.
Temple Beth El is holding a community-wide supply collection to distribute to some of the many communities hard hit by Hurricane Sandy.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.