CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- The Chappaqua Library's 2014-15 budget was overwhelmingly passed by the voters, with results showing 894 in favor and 193 against.
The budget, which is more than $2.9 million, includes a spending increase of 2.1952 percent and a tax levy (total tax revenue) hike of 2.0229 percent. The projected tax rates, which form the basis of what is owed, are 1.88 percent in New Castle and 1.68 in Mount Pleasant.
Meanwhile, Erica Gottesman won an open library board seat and received 312 votes. Her opponents, Nicole Turano and Thomas Duggan, received respective votes of 275 and 197.
The results are unofficial, according to the school district, of which the library is part of. Machine and absentee counts are included while affidavit results are not, according to the district.
- 1 Curtis Instruments, Saw Mill Club Co-Founder Curt Beusman Dies
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens