CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- The Chappaqua Library's 2014-15 budget was overwhelmingly passed by the voters, with results showing 894 in favor and 193 against.
The budget, which is more than $2.9 million, includes a spending increase of 2.1952 percent and a tax levy (total tax revenue) hike of 2.0229 percent. The projected tax rates, which form the basis of what is owed, are 1.88 percent in New Castle and 1.68 in Mount Pleasant.
Meanwhile, Erica Gottesman won an open library board seat and received 312 votes. Her opponents, Nicole Turano and Thomas Duggan, received respective votes of 275 and 197.
The results are unofficial, according to the school district, of which the library is part of. Machine and absentee counts are included while affidavit results are not, according to the district.
- 1 Serious Accident Results In Route 172 Closure Near Fox Lane HS
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 Accident Closes Southbound Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App