CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- The Chappaqua Library's 2014-15 budget was overwhelmingly passed by the voters, with results showing 894 in favor and 193 against.
The budget, which is more than $2.9 million, includes a spending increase of 2.1952 percent and a tax levy (total tax revenue) hike of 2.0229 percent. The projected tax rates, which form the basis of what is owed, are 1.88 percent in New Castle and 1.68 in Mount Pleasant.
Meanwhile, Erica Gottesman won an open library board seat and received 312 votes. Her opponents, Nicole Turano and Thomas Duggan, received respective votes of 275 and 197.
The results are unofficial, according to the school district, of which the library is part of. Machine and absentee counts are included while affidavit results are not, according to the district.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Parts Of Lower Hudson Valley
- 2 Murder Victim Is Laid To Rest In Chappaqua
- 3 Westchester County Police Charge Man, 26, With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 4 IRS Warns Chappaqua Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard