CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- The Chappaqua Library's 2014-15 budget was overwhelmingly passed by the voters, with results showing 894 in favor and 193 against.
The budget, which is more than $2.9 million, includes a spending increase of 2.1952 percent and a tax levy (total tax revenue) hike of 2.0229 percent. The projected tax rates, which form the basis of what is owed, are 1.88 percent in New Castle and 1.68 in Mount Pleasant.
Meanwhile, Erica Gottesman won an open library board seat and received 312 votes. Her opponents, Nicole Turano and Thomas Duggan, received respective votes of 275 and 197.
The results are unofficial, according to the school district, of which the library is part of. Machine and absentee counts are included while affidavit results are not, according to the district.
- 1 Chappaqua Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Chappaqua
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute