CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Chappaqua last week:
- The potential traffic impact from the proposed retail development at Chappaqua Crossing was a major topic at a May 20 New Castle Town Board and Planning Board joint meeting, which included a presentation by the town’s traffic consultant.
- Downtown Chappaqua was busy on Monday morning for the town of New Castle’s Memorial Day parade, with throngs of onlookers gathering for festivities that included two of the state's leading political figures marching.
- A video, posted to YouTube by Sam Hollander, shows a galloping horse heading northbound near the Exit 6 interchange with Route 35 in Katonah.
- The Route 120 bridge, a prominent landmark in downtown Chappaqua, was dedicated Monday in honor of Army Staff Sgt. Kyu H. Chay, who was killed in 2006 by an explosion in Afghanistan.
- 1 Chappaqua Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Chappaqua
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute