CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Chappaqua last week:
- The potential traffic impact from the proposed retail development at Chappaqua Crossing was a major topic at a May 20 New Castle Town Board and Planning Board joint meeting, which included a presentation by the town’s traffic consultant.
- Downtown Chappaqua was busy on Monday morning for the town of New Castle’s Memorial Day parade, with throngs of onlookers gathering for festivities that included two of the state's leading political figures marching.
- A video, posted to YouTube by Sam Hollander, shows a galloping horse heading northbound near the Exit 6 interchange with Route 35 in Katonah.
- The Route 120 bridge, a prominent landmark in downtown Chappaqua, was dedicated Monday in honor of Army Staff Sgt. Kyu H. Chay, who was killed in 2006 by an explosion in Afghanistan.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway In Mount Kisco
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 4 New Castle Cracking Down On Distracted Driving
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud