WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Business Council of Westchester is calling for nominations for its "Rising Stars" program.
Modeled after the national business recognition program “Forty under Forty,” Rising Stars is specifically designed to recognize individuals under the age of 40 who exemplify leadership, foresight and a vision for the future of Westchester County.
Winners will be selected based on professional and/or entrepreneurial accomplishments, demonstrated leadership qualities and professional and/or business affiliations.
Anyone over 21 years of age who works in Westchester and is under 40-years-old through Monday, June 30, is eligible for consideration as a 2014 "Rising Star" award winner.
“The Rising Stars award gives us the opportunity to recognize the talents and contributions of this vital population of our workforce,” said Dr. Marsha Gordon, president and chief executive officer of the Business Council of Westchester.
“These young leaders represent the vision and future of our community and its businesses, and we look forward to celebrating the group of leaders in Westchester county.”
The winners will receive their Rising Star award during a ceremony on June 12 at 800 Westchester Avenue, White Plains.
- 1 Bill, Hillary Clinton March In Chappaqua For Memorial Day Parade
- 2 Sandra Lee Returns Home To New Castle After Double Mastectomy
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Downed Trees Lead To Blockages On Bronx River Parkway, Route 120
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says