MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- In popular culture, Friday The 13th connotes superstition. There is even a word in the dictionary for fear of the number 13: triskaidekaphobia.
However, superstition is not universal.
Mount Kisco resident Dennis Breen is not superstitious about it.
"Absolutely not," he said.
Patty Garrett, Chappaqua, is not superstitious about the date, either. She also recalled hearing several different things about its history, including a notion that the date involves a weak barrier between the physical and spiritual worlds.
- 1 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 2 Chappaqua Crossing Attorney: Vote Or We'll Return To Court
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 4 Chappaqua's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Mount Kisco Police Search For Suspect Who Reportedly Attacked, Robbed Man