MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- In popular culture, Friday The 13th connotes superstition. There is even a word in the dictionary for fear of the number 13: triskaidekaphobia.
However, superstition is not universal.
Mount Kisco resident Dennis Breen is not superstitious about it.
"Absolutely not," he said.
Patty Garrett, Chappaqua, is not superstitious about the date, either. She also recalled hearing several different things about its history, including a notion that the date involves a weak barrier between the physical and spiritual worlds.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway In Mount Kisco
- 2 New Castle Cracking Down On Distracted Driving
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach