MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- In popular culture, Friday The 13th connotes superstition. There is even a word in the dictionary for fear of the number 13: triskaidekaphobia.
However, superstition is not universal.
Mount Kisco resident Dennis Breen is not superstitious about it.
"Absolutely not," he said.
Patty Garrett, Chappaqua, is not superstitious about the date, either. She also recalled hearing several different things about its history, including a notion that the date involves a weak barrier between the physical and spiritual worlds.
- 1 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours
- 2 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 3 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 4 Chappaqua Fire Department Issues Advisory About Smoke Odor
- 5 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester