MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- In popular culture, Friday The 13th connotes superstition. There is even a word in the dictionary for fear of the number 13: triskaidekaphobia.
However, superstition is not universal.
Mount Kisco resident Dennis Breen is not superstitious about it.
"Absolutely not," he said.
Patty Garrett, Chappaqua, is not superstitious about the date, either. She also recalled hearing several different things about its history, including a notion that the date involves a weak barrier between the physical and spiritual worlds.
- 1 Starbucks, Chase Named As Proposed Tenants For Chappaqua Crossing
- 2 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 5 Modell's Seeks Move Into Former Borders Site In Mount Kisco