MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- In popular culture, Friday The 13th connotes superstition. There is even a word in the dictionary for fear of the number 13: triskaidekaphobia.
However, superstition is not universal.
Mount Kisco resident Dennis Breen is not superstitious about it.
"Absolutely not," he said.
Patty Garrett, Chappaqua, is not superstitious about the date, either. She also recalled hearing several different things about its history, including a notion that the date involves a weak barrier between the physical and spiritual worlds.
- 1 Cause Of Chappaqua House Fire May Be Electrical, Chief Says
- 2 New Castle Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 4 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit