MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- In popular culture, Friday The 13th connotes superstition. There is even a word in the dictionary for fear of the number 13: triskaidekaphobia.
However, superstition is not universal.
Mount Kisco resident Dennis Breen is not superstitious about it.
"Absolutely not," he said.
Patty Garrett, Chappaqua, is not superstitious about the date, either. She also recalled hearing several different things about its history, including a notion that the date involves a weak barrier between the physical and spiritual worlds.
- 1 New Castle Coyote-Control Debate Gets Contentious
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 State Police Warn Chappaqua Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Chappaqua Overnight