CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Chappaqua last week:
- New Castle Police said a burglary occurred between 9:30 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, on Seven Bridges Road in Chappaqua.
- The Millwood Task Force has a name change after a vote by the town of New Castle. The name was changed to "Millwood-West End Advisory Board."
- Ten Westchester County schools were named to Newsweek's top 500 schools recently. Newsweek enlisted the help of research specialists at Westat, to help compile their rankings.
- A multi-vehicle accident resulted in the closure of the southbound Saw Mill River Parkway on Monday afternoon on the border of Chappaqua and Pleasantville.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo will indeed battle it out against Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino in an all-Westchester New York governor's race after a closer-than-expected win over Zephyr Teachout in the Democratic Primary.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.