CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Chappaqua last week:
- The New Castle Town Board voted at its Tuesday, July 8 meeting to adopt the scoping document for the Rosehill proposal following public comments, according to a video of the meeting.
- The Chappaqua Swim & Tennis Club had triple wins from Finn Franks and Norah Kudak and topped Yorktown 273-264 in the opening meet of the Northern Westchester Swimming Conference for both teams.
- In honor of Shakespeare's 450th birthday, the Chappaqua Library will host Shakespeare Films on a Friday in July and August.
- Residents of Westchester County and across New York State could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent according to capitalnewyork.com.
- Westchester ranks high among New York's exciting places to live and Port Chester is the lone Westchester representative named among the top 10, according to a report by Movoto.
- A truck that rolled onto train tracks and caught fire led to a disruption in Metro-North train traffic, an MTA spokeswoman confirmed.
- Several incidents involving downed trees and disabled vehicles caused delays on Westchester County roadways Wednesday morning.