CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Looking to learn and stay cool at the same time this summer? You might want to check out the Chappaqua Public Library's website for museum passes.
The library has passes to several cultural institutions for use by Chappaqua Library patrons. Residents can "check out" day passes to places such as the USS Intrepid Museum in New York City, the Katonah Museum of Art, the Neuberger Museum of Art at SUNY Purchase and Nature Center or the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk, Conn.
Reservations for the passes are available to adult card holders in good standing and can be made online. Passes can be reserved up to 30 days in advance, and each card holder can only borrow one pass at a time.
The patron picking up the pass must present the library card used to make the reservation. Passes must be returned in person to the Reference Desk by the close of the library on the due date.
A fee of $10 will be charged each day the pass is late, and the full cost of the pass will be charged if the pass isn't returned within seven days of the due date. The cost of each pass varies and may be up to $500.
A $10 fine will be assessed for any museum pass reserved but not picked up or canceled at least 24-hours in advance.
- 1 Bill, Hillary Clinton March In Chappaqua For Memorial Day Parade
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Sandra Lee Returns Home To New Castle After Double Mastectomy
- 4 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 5 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police