CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Looking to learn and stay cool at the same time this summer? You might want to check out the Chappaqua Public Library's website for museum passes.
The library has passes to several cultural institutions for use by Chappaqua Library patrons. Residents can "check out" day passes to places such as the USS Intrepid Museum in New York City, the Katonah Museum of Art, the Neuberger Museum of Art at SUNY Purchase and Nature Center or the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk, Conn.
Reservations for the passes are available to adult card holders in good standing and can be made online. Passes can be reserved up to 30 days in advance, and each card holder can only borrow one pass at a time.
The patron picking up the pass must present the library card used to make the reservation. Passes must be returned in person to the Reference Desk by the close of the library on the due date.
A fee of $10 will be charged each day the pass is late, and the full cost of the pass will be charged if the pass isn't returned within seven days of the due date. The cost of each pass varies and may be up to $500.
A $10 fine will be assessed for any museum pass reserved but not picked up or canceled at least 24-hours in advance.
- 1 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 State Police Warn Chappaqua Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Chappaqua Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday