CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Chappaqua residents will have an opportunity to get a better handle on their investments at the first of three sessions on “Taking the Mystery Out of Your Finances” Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the Public Library.
The series is co-sponsored by the library and the Center for Financial and Economic Education of Westchester Community College.
Channel Financial planner Sandy Wollman will lead the first presentation, “Understand What’s in Your 401(k) or Retirement Plan.” It will cover the following:
- Overview of the types of funds typically found in 401(k), 403(b) and other plans;
- How retirement plans are administered and how selections are made;
- What information to look for when choosing an investment option;
- Techniques for tracking performance;
- What to know about invisible fees that cut into returns;
- Why regular rebalancing is necessary.
The series continues with “The ABCs of Mutual Funds and Exchange Traded Funds” and “What You Should Know About Choosing a Financial Advisor” on Feb. 13 and 27, respectively.
All three Wednesday evening segments are free to the public and will be held in the Chappaqua Library Theater.
- 1 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 2 Chappaqua Crossing Attorney: Vote Or We'll Return To Court
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 4 Chappaqua's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Chappaqua Couple Part of National Campaign To Share Breast Cancer Stories