CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Chappaqua residents will have an opportunity to get a better handle on their investments at the first of three sessions on “Taking the Mystery Out of Your Finances” Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the Public Library.
The series is co-sponsored by the library and the Center for Financial and Economic Education of Westchester Community College.
Channel Financial planner Sandy Wollman will lead the first presentation, “Understand What’s in Your 401(k) or Retirement Plan.” It will cover the following:
- Overview of the types of funds typically found in 401(k), 403(b) and other plans;
- How retirement plans are administered and how selections are made;
- What information to look for when choosing an investment option;
- Techniques for tracking performance;
- What to know about invisible fees that cut into returns;
- Why regular rebalancing is necessary.
The series continues with “The ABCs of Mutual Funds and Exchange Traded Funds” and “What You Should Know About Choosing a Financial Advisor” on Feb. 13 and 27, respectively.
All three Wednesday evening segments are free to the public and will be held in the Chappaqua Library Theater.
- 1 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Visit To Westchester
- 5 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital