CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Chappaqua residents will have an opportunity to get a better handle on their investments at the first of three sessions on “Taking the Mystery Out of Your Finances” Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the Public Library.
The series is co-sponsored by the library and the Center for Financial and Economic Education of Westchester Community College.
Channel Financial planner Sandy Wollman will lead the first presentation, “Understand What’s in Your 401(k) or Retirement Plan.” It will cover the following:
- Overview of the types of funds typically found in 401(k), 403(b) and other plans;
- How retirement plans are administered and how selections are made;
- What information to look for when choosing an investment option;
- Techniques for tracking performance;
- What to know about invisible fees that cut into returns;
- Why regular rebalancing is necessary.
The series continues with “The ABCs of Mutual Funds and Exchange Traded Funds” and “What You Should Know About Choosing a Financial Advisor” on Feb. 13 and 27, respectively.
All three Wednesday evening segments are free to the public and will be held in the Chappaqua Library Theater.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Chappaqua
- 4 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 5 Funeral Set For Kristopher Stephenson Following New Castle Car Crash