MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Mount Kisco Police officer Ed Ramirez was recently selected as one of New York State's 40 Under 40 and is now one of three finalists for the Rising Star of the Year Award.
The award recognizes the contributions of outstanding leadership through an individuals’ commitment in the areas of business, educations, politics, non-profit sector or community service.
Voting for the award began on Wednesday, March 5 and will continue through Monday, March 17.
"Ed Ramirez deserves our support," Nan Miller, Coordinator of Mount Kisco Partners in Prevention said in a statement. "He has been active in helping with law enforcement and youth events with the Coalition and attended a week's training last year at the National Academy. He helps me continue to assess the substance abuse issues among youth in Mt. Kisco."
Ramirez oversees a community outreach program called Police And Community Together (PACT) where he educates Latinos about local laws and police procedures while making them aware of available resources and assistance.
Ramirez also created and implemented the first community outreach program for the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office geared towards educating Latinos.
In order to vote for Ramirez, log on to the Hispanic Coalition's Facebook page.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange