CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- The Chappaqua Daily Voice accepts original, signed letters to the editor. E-mail your letter to email@example.com.
To the editor:
I can’t believe that it was just two years ago that I was elected as your Town Supervisor. Thank you to those who supported me. I hope that I lived up to your trust. I also want thank all of you, whether you supported me at the election or not, for your enthusiastic support of all that we have done in the last two years.
It’s truly difficult to identify the highlights of the last two years, but we are “Getting Things Done,” for sure. Here are just a few examples:
Started the town’s eNewsletter – a new communication staple for the community. The eNewsletter is emailed to residents every week.
- Developed “Hands Off the Phone and On the Wheel” initiative for New Castle
- $3,300,000 savings over 7 years – refuse contract – $477,980 savings per year.
- $500,000 savings over 2 years – workers compensation renewal
- Saved $40,000 on our liability insurance renewal
- Lowest tax increase – by far – in 6 years – just $9 for the average homeowner
- Increased paving budget from $400,000 to $1,000,000
- Increased Beautification Advisory Board budget from $500 to $25,000
- Introduced DowntownStrong.com to see the activity for the Downtown Revitalization project
- Saved the Wallace Auditorium from demolition
I love being Town Supervisor because I believe that local government is so important. I get to be involved with the things that matter most to people on a daily basis. As you know, we’ve been doers, not talkers. As the old song goes, we’ve only just begun.
I ask for your vote on Tuesday so we can continue moving forward. We’re just getting started.