CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Chappaqua's Jeffrey Liu is scheduled to play at Carnegie Hall on Sunday, May 4.
The 15-year-old Horace Greeley High School sophomore will perform in his Carnegie Hall debut at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, May 4. Jeffrey will join a number of young musicians from the Metropolitan area, and elsewhere, who won first place award in this year's Rondo Young Artist Festival, according to a press release. Jeffrey was also selected for the Special Tour Presentation.
Jeffrey is a violin major at Julliard pre-college division in New York City.
"He started playing piano at the age of five and violin at the age of seven," according to his Rondo Young Artist Festival biography. "Jeffrey is a five-time golden winner in the New York State School Music Association Contest in District No. 4. He has also been the concertmaster of Westchester All-County Orchestra for five consecutive years. Jeffrey has won the top prizes of many competitions, including 1st Place in the American Protégé International Piano and Strings Competition, 1st Place in the Wagner College Young Musicians’ Competition, 2nd Place in the International Virtuoso Competition, and 3rd Place in the New York Music Competition."
- 1 Starbucks, Chase Named As Proposed Tenants For Chappaqua Crossing
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring