CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Chappaqua's Jeffrey Liu is scheduled to play at Carnegie Hall on Sunday, May 4.
The 15-year-old Horace Greeley High School sophomore will perform in his Carnegie Hall debut at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, May 4. Jeffrey will join a number of young musicians from the Metropolitan area, and elsewhere, who won first place award in this year's Rondo Young Artist Festival, according to a press release. Jeffrey was also selected for the Special Tour Presentation.
Jeffrey is a violin major at Julliard pre-college division in New York City.
"He started playing piano at the age of five and violin at the age of seven," according to his Rondo Young Artist Festival biography. "Jeffrey is a five-time golden winner in the New York State School Music Association Contest in District No. 4. He has also been the concertmaster of Westchester All-County Orchestra for five consecutive years. Jeffrey has won the top prizes of many competitions, including 1st Place in the American Protégé International Piano and Strings Competition, 1st Place in the Wagner College Young Musicians’ Competition, 2nd Place in the International Virtuoso Competition, and 3rd Place in the New York Music Competition."
- 1 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 2 State Police Warn Chappaqua Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Chappaqua Overnight
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York