CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Chappaqua's Jeffrey Liu is scheduled to play at Carnegie Hall on Sunday, May 4.
The 15-year-old Horace Greeley High School sophomore will perform in his Carnegie Hall debut at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, May 4. Jeffrey will join a number of young musicians from the Metropolitan area, and elsewhere, who won first place award in this year's Rondo Young Artist Festival, according to a press release. Jeffrey was also selected for the Special Tour Presentation.
Jeffrey is a violin major at Julliard pre-college division in New York City.
"He started playing piano at the age of five and violin at the age of seven," according to his Rondo Young Artist Festival biography. "Jeffrey is a five-time golden winner in the New York State School Music Association Contest in District No. 4. He has also been the concertmaster of Westchester All-County Orchestra for five consecutive years. Jeffrey has won the top prizes of many competitions, including 1st Place in the American Protégé International Piano and Strings Competition, 1st Place in the Wagner College Young Musicians’ Competition, 2nd Place in the International Virtuoso Competition, and 3rd Place in the New York Music Competition."
- 1 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours
- 2 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 3 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 4 Chappaqua Fire Department Issues Advisory About Smoke Odor
- 5 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester