NEW CASTLE, N.Y. – Eleven New Castle homeowners and business have been recognized for having the nicest front gardens or prettiest curb appeal in town. The 2012 Garden Awards were announced by New Castle’s Beautification Advisory Board.
Monica de Janosi, co-chair of the board, said each winner received a congratulatory postcard, and photographs of the properties were posted at the board’s table on Community Day.
The winners of the 2012 Garden Awards are:
- Timothy and Lenore Walding, 4 McKesson Hill Road
- Lanny and Sharon Close, 1272 Hardscrabble Road
- Brad and Gayle Ceisler, 2 Pondfield Drive S.
- Edward and Genevieve Foley, 28 Maple Ave.
- William Gerstener, 46 Cross Ridge Road
- Todd and Shari Krouner, 69 Ludlow Drive
- Alex and Julie Levenson, 40 Smith St.
- Edward and Jill Notarpole, 52 Roaring Brook Road
- Mark and Renee Chimel, 29 Winthrop Road
- Mike Malara, Millwood Lumber, 87 Millwood Road
- Music in Chappaqua, 225 N. Greeley Ave.
- 1 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Chappaqua Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 State Police Warn Chappaqua Residents Of Phone Scam