WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Social media network WalletHub has released a report that ranks New York as the seventh best state to pack up, get behind the wheel and hit the road.
WalletHub compiled information in 21 different metrics that considered various conditions that can affect travelers on the road, including driving costs, lodging prices, traffic safety, weather and, of course, fun attractions for everyone.
New York was propelled near the top thanks to top five rankings in three categories including: number of attractions (first), vehicle miles traveled per capita (second) and car thefts per capita (fifth).
The Empire State struggled in categories associated with cost, ranking 42nd in average gas prices and 45th in lowest price of a 3-star hotel.
Neighboring states New Jersey and Connecticut struggled in the ranking, coming in 41st and 45th, respectively.
Oregon was rated as the best state in the union for a road trip while Missouri came in last.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Chappaqua School District Bids Adieu To Retirees
- 5 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl