MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Fresh Green Light, an innovative driving school for new teen drivers and their parents, will begin offering services in Bedford, Chappaqua and Mount Kisco at Grand Prix in Mount Kisco on Saturday, March 1.
“We know these communities need another driver training option that’s convenient, effective and affordable,” says Laura Shuler, co-founder of Fresh Green Light.
“We’re excited to offer our proven approach to teens and parents in this part of Westchester.”
Fresh Green Light was founded by Shuler and husband Steve Mochel in 2009, with the opening of their first driver training center in Rye. They have since opened centers in Connecticut with an emphasis on creating safer teen drivers.
“Our students report dramatically fewer accidents compared to the national average,” says Mochel.
"While accident rates for new teen drivers are reported to be as high as 50 percent during the first year of driving, only 12.5 percent of Fresh Green Light students report having an accident their first year on the road."
In a 2012 report on global best practices in driver training, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration featured Fresh Green Light’s program, described it as “above and beyond most basic driver education programs.”
“Teens today are extremely busy, and so are their parents so convenience is critical. We offer that in spades,” said Mochel.
- Driving lessons can be scheduled online.
- Students are picked up and dropped off at home or school.
- Instructors provide feedback after every lesson by email.
- Parents can take advantage of an in-car coaching session that provides practical tips on how to be a calm, helpful partner to their teen driver.
- DMV-mandated driver education classes will be held at Grand Prix and will include an on-track experience that safely demonstrates the risks associated with texting and driving.
For more information about Fresh Green Light’s driver training programs, visit www.freshgreenlight.com or call 914-921-8888.