BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Club Fit shares tips on how to manage child health and how to form healthy habits that last a lifetime.
Healthy habits start early. We are seeing more children growing up with obesity.
Here are a few things you can do to create better habits from toddlers to teens:
1. Eat healthy: Avoid processed foods, fast foods and foods that are high in sugar. Soda and juice are huge offenders. Also avoid artificial sweeteners. Give your kids healthy snacks like fruits, vegetables and replace juice with water.
2. Teach children about how their bodies work. Teach them what food is for us- energy.
3. Stay active and encourage active behavior. Turn off the television and media devices. Go for walks or have a picnic when the weather is nice. Get them involved in sports.
4. Lead by example. When parents are healthy and active, children will likely follow. They will want to do what you are doing and eat what you are eating.
5. Health and fitness are components of a lifestyle. This is probably the biggest thing to understand when it comes to child obesity. It's a commitment. Cutting up carrots instead of going to the drive through can take more time, but it's worth it. Not only will it save you money, but it will teach your kids to eat healthy It's easier to give children an iPad than to drive them to the park to play soccer, but it will help him learn how to be part of a team, have fun with children, and be active.
Club Fit offers a divers selection of programs for kids. We can teach your kids how to swim or how to shoot hoops, we can train your teens for their competitive sports, we have parent/infant/toddler programs that help develop tactile skills and healthy brain activity in infants and toddlers.
Come in and talk to us about what we have to offer. Mention this article for a free one-day family pass.