SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Somers Lions Club is set to hold a benefit for Guiding Eyes for the Blind and the Lions Charitable Fund on Friday, Jan. 24
"Lions and Puppies and Wine...Oh, My!" starts at 6:30 p.m. at the Somers Lions Club. The event includes wine, food, music, dancing and puppies. Amy Dixon, the “Blind Sommelier,” will lead a tasting tour of five wines accompanied by a live performance from jazz musician Blessing Offor.
"This is a special event for anyone who wants to get to know what the Lions Club of Somers is all about," representatives said in a release. "In addition to food, drink and dancing, we’ll be auctioning off special experiences and deluxe items to raise money for Guiding Eyes for the Blind, as well as the new service trailer being built by the Lions Club. Whether you come to eat and drink, to support our campaign, or just to make new friends in a friendly environment, we want you there."
Tickets are $75 for general admission and $115 for premier admission, which includes a numbered and signed limited edition bottle of "Vinny Papa Reserve" wine and a CD. The event is open to the public. Call 914-248-5339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Chappaqua School District Bids Adieu To Retirees
- 5 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl