PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. - Poet Anne Shaw will read from her new collection of poetry on Thursday, Feb. 6 at Pace University in Pleasantville. The free event will be held from 2 to 3 p.m. in Lienhard Hall, Room 25, and the public is invited. The street address is 861 Bedford Road, entrance 2.
Shaw is the author of two poetry collections, the forthcoming “Dido in Winter” (Persea Books, March 2014) and the earlier “Undertow” (Persea, 2007), which won the Lexi Rudnitsky Poetry Prize. Her poems and reviews have appeared in journals including Harvard Review, Black Warrior Review, Denver Quarterly, The Los Angeles Review, The Kenyon Review and New American Writing. She currently lives in Chicago, where she studies sculpture at the School of the Art Institute. Her work can be found online at www.anneshaw.org.
The event is the first in the spring 2014 Vox Creative Arts Series, which brings notable and up-and-coming authors, poets, artists and artisans to Pace University for readings and demonstrations. The series is named for Pace’s Pleasantville art and literary magazine, Vox.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Visit To Westchester
- 5 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital