CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- The town of New Castle Memorial Day Parade will step off at 11 a.m. Monday, May 26.
The parade officials will gather at 10:30 a.m. at Victory Corners Monument, King Street and Bedford Road, with clergyman, parade marshals, Town Board members, veterans and a bugler in attendance. The Memorial Day Parade will step off from Ridgewood Terrace at Bedford Road.
The honor guard, marshals, clergy, Town Board, school and library boards, Pipers and Delancey’s Brigade, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War,
Iraq-Afghanistan veterans, Gold Star Mothers and seniors will assemble on Ridgewood Terrace between Bedford Road and Elm Street, according to a press release. Fire commissioners, Chappaqua and Millwood fire companies will assemble on Salem Road, entering through Hollow Oak Road and Brook Lane.
The parade will proceed along Route 117 to King Street. The parade will “Eyes Left” as it passes the monument and then proceed down King Street and South Greeley Avenue to the Memorial Circle at the railroad station. Fire company motor units will break out at Woodburn.
The following is the Line of March for the parade:
- Town of New Castle Police Escort
- Color Guard Vietnam Veterans of America
- Parade marshals
- Town of New Castle Board, justices, officials and clergy
- Chappaqua school board and library board
- Parade of Historic Flags
- The Kerry Pipers
- World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, Iraq-Afghanistan veterans, New York Guard and Gold Star Mothers -- Military Vehicles
- 5th New York Regiment – Revolutionary War Squad
- Town of New Castle senior citizens
- Horace Greeley High School band
- Color Guard of Chappaqua Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- Chappaqua Girl Scouts, Brownies, and Daisy Troops
- Robert E. Bell School band
- Chappaqua Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts
- Community organizations
- Chappaqua Elementary Schools band
- American Youth Soccer Organization
- Chappaqua Pre-School Parents Association
- Seven Bridges Middle School band
- Town of New Castle fire commissioners
- Chappaqua and Millwood fire companies
- Chappaqua Volunteer Ambulance Corps
- Town of New Castle police escort.
- 1 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 State Police Warn Chappaqua Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Chappaqua Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday