NEW CASTLE, N.Y. -- Sunday, May 18 marks the 27th annual running of the New Castle 10K Road Race.
The race begins and ends at New Castle Town Hall. Check in begins at 6:45 a.m. with the starting gun scheduled to go off at 8:10 a.m.
Runners are supported by a police escort, course
marshals, split-timer, water stations, and if
necessary, a sag wagon, just in case you can’t
quite finish the course. Following the race, runners
enjoy refreshments and an awards ceremony for
the top finishers in each category.
The route heads up Route 120 before cutting over to Hardscrabble Road and looping back down Douglas Street before returning to Town Hall.
Immediately following the start of the 10K, the Kids’ Fun Run will start at New Castle Town Hall beginning at 8:15 am. This run incorporates the excitement of the 10K but on a much smaller scale. All family members are invited to take a run around the block with us. Register your child at the “Kids Fun Run” table on the day of the race. Registration is free.
If any community members are interested in volunteering please contact Aaron Podhurst at 238-7290 for more details.
Registration is $20 in advance and $25 on the day of the run. Official race t-shirts will be provided to the first 150 participants to register.
- 1 Serious Accident Results In Route 172 Closure Near Fox Lane HS
- 2 State Advises Parents To Be Aware Of Signs Of Serious Respiratory Virus
- 3 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 4 National Weather Service: Chappaqua's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks