NEW CASTLE, N.Y. -- Sunday, May 18 marks the 27th annual running of the New Castle 10K Road Race.
The race begins and ends at New Castle Town Hall. Check in begins at 6:45 a.m. with the starting gun scheduled to go off at 8:10 a.m.
Runners are supported by a police escort, course
marshals, split-timer, water stations, and if
necessary, a sag wagon, just in case you can’t
quite finish the course. Following the race, runners
enjoy refreshments and an awards ceremony for
the top finishers in each category.
The route heads up Route 120 before cutting over to Hardscrabble Road and looping back down Douglas Street before returning to Town Hall.
Immediately following the start of the 10K, the Kids’ Fun Run will start at New Castle Town Hall beginning at 8:15 am. This run incorporates the excitement of the 10K but on a much smaller scale. All family members are invited to take a run around the block with us. Register your child at the “Kids Fun Run” table on the day of the race. Registration is free.
If any community members are interested in volunteering please contact Aaron Podhurst at 238-7290 for more details.
Registration is $20 in advance and $25 on the day of the run. Official race t-shirts will be provided to the first 150 participants to register.
- 1 Outside Clinton Home, Astorino Seeks Hillary's Take On Affordable Housing
- 2 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Estate That Straddles New Castle
- 3 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 4 New Housing Plan For Chappaqua Crossing Puts 32 Units In Cupola Building
- 5 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd