CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Temple Beth El of Northern Westchester will host three religious school open houses to introduce the community to the program, starting on Sunday, June 8, at 9 a.m.
Sunday's open house, called "A Taste of K," will give incoming kindergartners an opportunity to meet the kindergarten religious school teacher, attend a lesson on Shavout, and participate in Tefillah with Rabbi Educator Maura Linzer and Cantor Star Trompeter.
At the same time, parents will meet with Linzer to discuss the philosophy of TBE’s religious school and kindergarten curriculum.
The second open house on Thursday, June 12, at 8 p.m. will discuss the 2014-15 religious school curriculum and philosophy as well as the impact the temple’s new incoming senior rabbi, Jonathan Jaffe, will have.
Jaffe, who currently oversees the educational programming from preschool through adult learning at Congregation Emanu-El in San Francisco, will lead the second open house on Aug. 5, at 8 p.m.
Temple Beth El is at 220 S. Bedford Road.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway In Mount Kisco
- 2 New Castle Cracking Down On Distracted Driving
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach