CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. - The Third Annual Chappaqua Spelling Bee has been rescheduled due to Hurricane Sandy.
The Spelling Bee, which benefits the Horace Greeley Scholarship Fund, has been moved to Monday, Nov. 19 at 7 p.m. More than $15,000 was raised from 2011's spelling bee.
Dozens of costumed teams made up of residents, high school students, middle school students, teachers and faculty will compete against each other. Many of the teams are sponsored with a donation from local businesses.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange