CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- The Chappaqua Millwood Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with Drug Mart Movies, will be hosting movie nights for the community throughout June at Millwood Park on Route 100.
Here's the line-up for 2014:
- Friday, June 6: "Frozen"
- Friday, June 13: "Ghostbusters"
- Friday, June 20: "Despicable Me 2"
- Friday, June 27: "The LEGO Movie"
“Movie theater ticket prices average almost $35 for a family of four and kids often sit alone, glued to their TVs, iPads and other devices to watch movies at home or in the car," said Solveig McShea, executive director of the Chappaqua-Millwood Chamber of Commerce. "We love to create an opportunity for families to spend a few nights at the movies outdoors and together.”
The Chamber added a creative digital twist to this year’s event series noting that consumers choose winners these days -- from "American Idol" voting to reviews on Yelp -- the Chamber allowed New Castle residents to choese the 2014 films.
"Everyone likes to have a say, so letting the people decide provides true community spirit from the beginning," said Rich Glotzer of Drug Mart, sponsor of the movie series.
More than 200 votes were received and the community chose from 15 films targeted to families, tweens, teens and date nights.
- 1 County Revisits Chappaqua Station Funding
- 2 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 3 IRS Warns Chappaqua Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 5 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard