CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – AARP will be at the Chappaqua Library on Wednesdays from Feb. 4 through April 15 from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. to assist patrons with their taxes.
This is primarily for low- to middle-income residents ages 60 and over. Patrons will need to bring the following documentation with them:
- Government issued identification
- Last year's tax return
- Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents
- Checkbook or pre-printed direct deposit information for your reloadable prepaid card showing routing number and direct deposit account number if you want to do a direct deposit of any refunds.
- W-2 from each employer
- Unemployment compensation statements
- SSA-1099 form showing the total Social Security benefits paid to you for the year, or Form RRB-1099, Tier 1 Railroad Retirement benefits
- 1099 forms reporting interest (1099-INT), dividends (1099-DIV), proceeds from sales (1099-B), as well as documentation showing the original purchase price of your sold assets
- 1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity, especially if you had a portion withheld for income tax purposes
- 1099-MISC form showing any miscellaneous income
The library is at 195 S. Greeley Ave. Click here for more information.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.