CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- In February, the Chappaqua Learning Center is partnering with Successful Study Skills 4 Students (S4) to offer a study-skills workshop for area middle and high school students.
The workshops foster academic achievement by teaching students key study strategies that help them learn while reducing stress.
Classes will be held weekly on Thursdays from Feb. 27 to March 20. The middle school workshop runs from 4 to 6 p.m., and the high school workshop runs from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., both at the Chappaqua Learning Center on 400 King St.
These workshops are taught by accredited teachers and class size is limited to 11 to allow for focused and individualized attention to each student.
Skills taught include goal-setting, using a planner and note-taking methods.
S4 supplies all materials for the workshops. Each day, students will return home with materials that complement and reinforce the day’s lessons.
Parents are provided with post-session emails that explain what was taught in the day’s lesson and information for how to support students in practicing the new skills.
The workshop costs $395. For more information, contact S4 at 203-307-5455 or e-mail info@S4StudySkills.com.
- 1 Cause Of Chappaqua House Fire May Be Electrical, Chief Says
- 2 New Castle Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 4 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit