CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- More than 85 children's book authors and illustrators will appear at Chappaqua Children's Book Festival from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 27 at Robert Bell Middle School, 50 Senter St.
Books will be available for sale, food vendors from around the region will offer great eats and the 5th Annual Great Chappaqua Bake Sale will offer baked treats and raffle tickets to benefit Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign to end childhood hunger.
Admission and parking are free and the event is rain or shine. A complete list of authors and illustrators can be found at www.ccbfestival.org. Activities to include:
- Pinkalicious appearance from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- GaGa, life-size games and airbrush tattoos, courtesy of Kiwi Country Day Camp
- A collage activity with acclaimed mixed media collage artist Michael Albert, courtesy of the Chappaqua Learning Center
- Science activities with Regeneron and science author Vicki Cobb
- A cozy reading nook, courtesy of Little Joe’s Coffee and Books
- Music with children’s entertainer Miss Rhea
- Sensory play activities with WeeZee – The Science of Play
- A musical instrument “petting zoo” from Amadeus Conservatory of Music
- Live llamas from Hudson Valley Llamas
- Crafts activities, soap making, costumed characters, gift giveaways, balloon twisting and more.
Food available for purchase will include:
- BBQ from Chappaqua’s Le Jardin du Roi
- Pizza, popcorn and hot dogs from Mt. Kisco's Bellizzi
- Wraps, sandwiches and salads from Mt. Kisco's Village Social
Free parking is available at the Chappaqua train station, across the street from the school. In the event of rain, the event will take place inside the school. The best GPS address is 125 South Greeley Avenue, Chappaqua. For more information, visit http://www.ccbfestival.org or follow the CCBF at www.facebook.com/chappaquachildrensbookfestival.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.