CORTLANDT, N.Y. — Stores were busy but lines were fairly short Wednesday at stores in northern Westchester.
Despite being the day known for Christmas gift returns and huge after-Christmas sales, lines at the checkout and customer service were relatively small at the Cortlandt Town Center and Jefferson Valley Mall.
Stores will likely become even less crowded as the day progresses, as rain, snow and sleet begin at about 4 p.m. Wednesday, with heavier snow — and wind gusts near 50 mph — coming Wednesday night. The National Weather Service is predicting 2-4 inches of snow and sleet.
Most stores will be keeping special holiday hours for the rest of the week:
Kohl's, Cortlandt Manor: Open until 11 p.m. through Saturday.
Best Buy, Cortlandt Town Center: Open until 10 p.m. through Sunday.
Wal-Mart, Cortlandt Town Center: Open until midnight, as usual.
Modell's, Cortlandt Town Center: Open until 10 p.m. through Saturday.
Old Navy, Cortlandt Town Center: Open until 11 p.m. Wednesday and 10 p.m. through Saturday.
Barnes and Noble, Cortlandt Town Center: Open until 10 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday and 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
Jefferson Valley Mall: Open until 9:30 p.m. through Sunday. Macy's will be open until 9:30 p.m. through Saturday.
Toys R Us, Jefferson Valley: Open until 10 p.m. through Sunday.
- 1 Outside Clinton Home, Astorino Seeks Hillary's Take On Affordable Housing
- 2 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Estate That Straddles New Castle
- 3 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 4 New Chappaqua Crossing Housing Plan Puts 32 Units In Cupola Building
- 5 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd