CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – A plan by resident architect Chuck Napoli to overhaul downtown Chappaqua has earned the support several local business owners and now The Daily Voice wants to hear what readers think.
Express your opinion of Napoli's proposal by voting in our poll and submitting your thoughts in the comments section below.
The draft of Napoli’s proposal calls for an indoor parking garage, a turf field, a new row of stores and a performing arts center. The garage would be constructed on top of the current Robert E. Bell Middle School field next to Senter Street. On top of the garage would be a turf playing field. Read about the plan in its entirety here.
“It would be nice if the Town Board showed some excitement about this, like a lot of people in this room feel for this project,” Rob Greenstein, Chappaqua-Millwood Chamber of Commerce members said at the Oct. 16 Town Board meeting. “It seems like you guys are more excited about [Chappaqua Crossing] than you are about this great project that would solve so many problems.”
Board members said the project had potential, but held off on making any judgment before learning more. Board member Elise Mottel said the Oct. 16 meeting was only the first of many to discuss the two proposals.
- 1 Bill, Hillary Clinton March In Chappaqua For Memorial Day Parade
- 2 New Castle Having Annual Memorial Day Parade
- 3 Sandra Lee Returns Home After Double To New Castle After Double Mastectomy
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Downed Trees Lead To Blockages On Bronx River Parkway, Route 120