CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. ‒ Select shops will start staying open until 7 p.m. beginning Thursday, Oct. 18, as part of a new "Third Thursday" campaign announced by the Chappaqua-Millwood Chamber of Commerce.
"We just really wanted to get something going before the holiday season," said Chamber President Rob Greenstein.
Greenstein said the campaign. in which there will be sales and special offerings, will continue for the third Thursday of every following month. He said only select stores will participate at first, but hopes it will pick up steam each month.
"If we can liven up downtown on a Thursday night even just a little more than it is now, then we've done our job," he said.
Participating stores throughout New Castle can be identified by a "Third Thursday" sticker in the window.
- 1 New Castle Having Annual Memorial Day Parade
- 2 Curtis Instruments, Saw Mill Club Co-Founder Curt Beusman Dies
- 3 Bill, Hillary Clinton March In Chappaqua For Memorial Day Parade
- 4 New Castle's Sandra Lee Speaks After Double Mastectomy
- 5 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge