CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. ‒ Select shops will start staying open until 7 p.m. beginning Thursday, Oct. 18, as part of a new "Third Thursday" campaign announced by the Chappaqua-Millwood Chamber of Commerce.
"We just really wanted to get something going before the holiday season," said Chamber President Rob Greenstein.
Greenstein said the campaign. in which there will be sales and special offerings, will continue for the third Thursday of every following month. He said only select stores will participate at first, but hopes it will pick up steam each month.
"If we can liven up downtown on a Thursday night even just a little more than it is now, then we've done our job," he said.
Participating stores throughout New Castle can be identified by a "Third Thursday" sticker in the window.
- 1 County Revisits Chappaqua Station Funding
- 2 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 3 IRS Warns Chappaqua Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 5 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard