CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. ‒ Select shops will start staying open until 7 p.m. beginning Thursday, Oct. 18, as part of a new "Third Thursday" campaign announced by the Chappaqua-Millwood Chamber of Commerce.
"We just really wanted to get something going before the holiday season," said Chamber President Rob Greenstein.
Greenstein said the campaign. in which there will be sales and special offerings, will continue for the third Thursday of every following month. He said only select stores will participate at first, but hopes it will pick up steam each month.
"If we can liven up downtown on a Thursday night even just a little more than it is now, then we've done our job," he said.
Participating stores throughout New Castle can be identified by a "Third Thursday" sticker in the window.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Town Board Approves Chappaqua Train Station Lease With Chases' Company
- 3 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 5 Saw Mill Parkway Exit Reopens After Closure Due To Broken Railroad Arm